"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Introducing!

Miss Anna Polina! She is 15 months old and weighs in at a whopping 14lbs!

We are all doing well. Tired, and kind of ready to go home, but otherwise good. Anna is doing very well for just busting out of the orphanage. She is sleeping well (but she's really restless and kind of a bed hog!) and she is eating ok. She really likes the bottle and formula, so I'm glad I packed enough!

She's a wild one! We didn't get to see this during our visits at the baby house.... we didn't really put her down much for fear of making someone mad that she was on the floor. But she's able to army crawl, and she can pull to standing and side step! Pretty impressive! She's also a bit ornery.... doesn't want me to put her down at all or be out of her sight even for a second. She screams her head off when she's laid down to be changed. I'm sure the neighbors appreciate that. :)

Al is a rock star! He has been such an amazing help and I'm so glad he's here. I had these thoughts of 'maybe I shouldn't have brought him' about halfway through the long flight, but he's doing very well and is so helpful. He carries groceries, brings me things, tries to entertain Anna (she wants nothing to do with anyone but me) and is really great company.

Here are a few pictures of the last few days. We'll be here in region until tomorrow, then back to the big city for the Embassy to pick up her visa, then home!!
She had just woke up from her nap and the nanny handed her out to me.

Being tourists!

Big brother is working hard to get me to like him!


Hello Beautiful!

I'm a gal on the go!

All dressed and ready to go!

We're outta here!

Helping me get the internet working.

Add caption

Al hanging out at our first apartment

Outside Anna's baby room door

I love my puffs!

There's that big brother bribing me again!



3 comments:

Milena said...

Congratulations! How wonderful that your sweet Anna Polina is now in your arms! What a pretty name you have chosen for her! Now you have two children with names starting with AL and two with AN - nice pattern! Hope you'll have a safe and smooth journey home!

Freedom said...

What a beautiful new addition to your home. Praying for you all as your family makes the transition home.

Liesl said...

Oh THANK YOU for sharing pics! Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS little one!!!!!!!
Liesl