"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Well...

We are still continuing with our adoption, however the child we had hoped to bring home has been adopted by a family in her own country. This is amazing for her, and I hope that she is loved and happy, and that her heart condition is under control and she gets any surgeries she needs. We are HAPPY for baby D, that she has a family.

But of course we are sad for us. It was a shock, though we knew it could happen we didn't expect it because of her heart condition.

We are going to keep on keepin' on. Most of our paperwork is already in country, and we will finish up on our end and pray that God gives us direction and clarity.

4 comments:

Milena said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, and hope that you will find strength and peace of mind as you continue your journey.

Katie said...

I creeper-ed out your blog after seeing you post about this in a comment on the facebook group. Want to let you know that I admire your strength and perseverence and ability to have perspective over the situation. I'm terribly sorry you lost your girl... but I'm beyond joyful that you took something negative and turned it into something positive by continuing with your adoption. Now two children will have families. Bless you and your family.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

This must be so difficult. But God bless you for persevering and saving another child. I am sorry for your loss (but happy that two will now have homes).

Julie said...

I creeper-ed you out too!! I loved reading your adoption story. Hope to continue reading it and that you are able to add a new chapter with another child!