"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Friday, February 10, 2012

Project 365-Week 6- A girl and her cat

So Bailey cat has always been kind of a lover. A warm lap, a soft bed, anywhere near his people, he was good. But as soon as Alina's room went pink (it was previously Anthony's room), he fell in love. He slept in that room every night before she came home. He loved the dolls, the stuffed animals, blankets, anything in that room he claimed as his own. Once she came home, it was like he had been waiting for her his entire life. She was his human. Wherever she is, he's close by. If she naps on the couch, he's right there. When he's ready for bed at night, he goes to the end of her bed. He's a fat happy boy when his girl is around.

This was taken right after Alina came home...


This was last week-


They are both entertained....







4 comments:

IASoupMama said...

Oh, so very cute! I just love her!!!

Katie said...

Aww! That cat is about as big as she is! He reminds me of my Buckeye, who crossed the rainbow bridge nearly a year ago, 2/28/11. Now that I think of it, he spent his last few weeks in the girls' room. M has this pink circle chair that he loved. His last day and night, I brought it downstairs so he could have it and I could have him. I think animals can sense a person who loves them, and my A (who shares the room with M) is definitely an animal lover. It sounds like your A is too ;) What sweet pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Hilary Marquis said...

Nothing more heartwarming than a girl and her cat ;-) poor Bailey was beside himself while you were in Ukraine. He woke me up crying to be let into Alina's room where my girls were sleeping. He couldn't wait for his girl to come home!

Loren said...

Absolutely adorable pics!