"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Friday, January 27, 2012

Project 365 -Week 4

Oh, what a week! Last week everyone had a bit of a cold, nothing major. On Weds morning we were up and ready to head to get Alina casted for her new AFO's, and she started saying her ear hurt in the car. Five minutes later she was screaming her head off that her ears hurt, and she carried on like that for three.hours. No joke, she carried on from 8am, through her AFO casting and visit, through the walk in clinic waiting room and visit, and finally fell asleep at 11am when we got in the car to drive the to pharmacy to pick up her prescription. Ear infection. Poor girly... the doctor said it was pretty bad. This is the first ear infection we've had in our house. We got home and gave her a dose of Motrin along with her antibiotic and she took another 4hr nap on the couch, went to bed at 7pm and woke up Thursday morning just fine. She's not happy about the antibiotic though, and I don't blame her. That pink goo tastes terrible! I had to take it after I had my tonsils out a few years ago.

Can we get a sister in isle 3, please! (the boys were playing a game and she wouldn't leave the pieces alone, so they closed the door. I you look close you can see she has her fingers under the door... lol!)


Finally some SNOW!






Stealing heat from the vents. This is where you will find him all Winter long every time the heat kicks on.


Stretching! In Ukraine she couldn't even get her knees apart, now she's able to stretch this far! Pretty impressive!


Took advantage of no school the other day to get a new picture of the kids. Anthony is missing his top teeth now and its so cute.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the one of all three kids in black and white. So cute! And Alina's hair in those braids, so precious. I always wanted my hair done like that growing up but my mom didn't know how. A friend did it for me in high school and I didn't take it out for three days! Haha.

And look at her poor little face when the boys closed the door on her, that pouty, sad bottom lip... so sad, and adorable at the same time... lol. She'll laugh at that one when she's older.

Oh, is the pink goo amoxicillin? You guys seriously don't like it? I used to BEG for amoxicillin. When I was on it, I'd ask for doses or try to sneak them when it wasn't even time. Once, I had a really bad ear infection and I was on it for days, and my mom decided it didn't work and we needed a new antibiotic... I was heartbroken and furious when she came home with something that wasn't more amoxicillin. LOL! My friend's 2 month old is on it now for bronchiolitis, and she doesn't seem to like it either. My dear borrowed boy, when he had bronchiolotis at 2 months, though, loved that stuff. But he pretty much ate anything that came within a foot of his mouth. In case you haven't had it yet, augmentin is the nastiest stuff. It's thick and white (at least it was when I was growing up) and it tastes just HORRIBLE. The chewables are just as bad. And that stuff mixed in with applesauce is the reason I don't eat applesauce anymore. I can still taste it, ugh. Anyways, ear infections are awful, poor kiddo. I used to sleep on a hot water bottle for a pillow on the affected ear, I couldn't sleep otherwise, it hurt too bad. I need to buy a new one, ours got a hole in it. Those things are a lifesaver!

As usual with my comments, or anything I write, I have now rambled excessively, but oh well, that's just me. I love getting comments, so I leave them too, even if they're rambling and/or goofy. :) Enjoy your kiddos.

Allison said...

I LOOOOOVE the pouty picture!!! Go get her a sister!