"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Friday, September 23, 2011

'I'm awesome!'

One thing she's gained over the last year is an ego. :)

video

And a new walking video. Notice how she can stop short now... a new skill required for school I suppose. :) And also notice how she kind of clumps along down the driveway, but when she was motivated to get up to the trailer for a bike ride she walks great! :)

video

3 comments:

ErinL said...

First of all, she is awesome! Second, she cracks me up! Third, her walking is blowing me away. Something that really stood out to us is how when she stands still she doesn't move. Oksana has a very hard time standing still. She can't balance well enough and is constantly moving around trying to compensate. We were told that she has damage in the area of her brain that affects stability so this could be why. Love these videos!

Autumn said...

that's great! I laughed out loud when she said "I'm awesome". So matter of fact. She is doing so well!

Ellen Stumbo said...

She stands so well!!! And we are working on stopping to gain balance. Her walking really is fantastic!