"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Friday, June 24, 2011

Walking, 8 months home, and new pictures

So guess who's walking? Yep, thats right... Alina decided the other day that she can, in fact, walk by herself (and not just taking one step at a time and pausing four minutes between each step, she's been doing that for months. LOL) I don't know if its because we decided to forgo the de-rotational bands for a while because they were majorly stressing her out, or if she finally felt stable enough to go for it. What I do know, is that what she said to me when i asked her about it melted my heart to a puddle! After she walked all over the driveway, including stopping, starting and turning, I asked her 'Alina, what happened? Why did you finally decide you were going to walk and not be scared?' and she thought for a minute and then said 'I not fall, mama catch me.' and went on her merry way. Little did she know that those few words meant the world to me. I promise a new video soon of her skills. :)

In a couple days, Alina will be home 8 months! I cannot believe its been that long since we finally stepped off that airplane and I seen my Anthony with his face pressed up against the glass waving at me. I couldn't get down those steps fast enough. But it seems like its been forever. Bonding hasn't been easy. Watching her grieve hasn't been easy. Knowing when to push her and when to back off certainly hasn't been easy. Nothing was instant, but day by day things get easier. And 8 months out we've found our groove, she's growing and thriving and learning at lightening speed. We are so excited to enjoy the summer with her.

And some new pictures.... The last picture in a frame of Alexander alone was from his 7th b-day. Anthony's alone is from before his 4th bday. Sad, considering my favorite hobby. LOL I DO have recent pictures of the three kids together, and will get a few better ones soon.










Extreme dandelion blowing



Look how much she has grown!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Great pictures! You have three beautiful kiddos!

Katie said...

I love her comment! Guaranteed to completely melt a mother's heart. :) And she has grown so much, and continues to be adorable.

michelle said...

LOVE the pictures! You are one super blessed mama with some awesome kids!