"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Monday, March 14, 2011

Be still, my heart!

One of my most favorite-est girls from the baby house is now getting a chance at a family! This little girl was full of spunk! She was so talkative, quick to tell me her name, age, and then ask my name and why I was there! She was such a hoot! Whenever she would see us outside she was all out sprint over to us, with a big smile on her face, and then a few feet from us she would jump to a stop and put up her fists and growl, then laugh and come all the way over. She loved our gummy bears, our toys for Alina, and laughing at my Russian. If there was a way to tuck her into my jacket, she would have come home with us too.

This sweet girl waits because she has HIV. Did you know that HIV is easier to manage than diabetes? And you can learn more about HIV adoption at PROJECT HOPEFUL
Also if you view down a few posts, you will find a post with a fun video and some facts about HIV.



Please visit her page HERE ON REECE'S RAINBOW

Even if you can't adopt, please consider donating to her grant fund, or the grant fund of any child waiting for a family.

She stole our hearts, and we pray she finds a home fast.

2 comments:

Tim & Rita said...

She is precious! I saw her on RR yesterday and love her smile.

Katrina Maye Winn said...

This little squirt won't be waiting much longer! I'm coming for her!!