"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Monday, January 31, 2011

In three months...

...our daughter has learned-

to stand on her own
to color and draw
to sit steadily with her legs criss crossed
to walk steadily with only very little support
that M&M's truly are the best treat ever
to stop sucking her thumb
to speak English
to understand English
to use the potty full time
to wake up dry in the morning
to scold her brothers
that she's a girly girl with a dark side
to wrap daddy around her finger
to shop like a pro
to trust
and what it feels like to be loved unconditionally, beyond measure.

Happy 3 months home, Alina. You are beautiful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you need any clothes for your daughter? She is spectacular and I would love to send some of my daughter's old things (in good condition).

I have not been able to part with them, but alas the time has come.
If I knew somebody would want them (vs. good will or the like), then I would feel better about sending some along.


If not, I totally understand. She looks like an amazing little girl -with a spectacular smile.

jalayla@kciweb.com
(Again, you can write if you like. If not, no problem)

Gretchen Thibault said...

She is such a darn cute girl!! Nice going Alina. Great progress I would say!

Hey, did you see the event coming up on Feb. 19th that I would love to have a few kids/parents at....?

email if you can
dgthibault@comcast.net