"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Saturday, January 1, 2011

AFO's and snow!

I know, my titles get catchier by the day. Although I'm pretty sure nobody is reading anymore so it doesn't matter! HAHA!

Alina got her new AFO's last week! At first she was really excited about them, exlaiming 'oooh pretty boots!' when we first got them on. By the time we got home she was totally over it, and the next morning when we put them on to go to PT she was not having it. Insert big tissy on the floor.

She's doing better with them now though. She will willingly put them on. But these may have something to do with it.

Yep, thems some gaudy light up shoes. She loves them! We of course had to buy new shoes since she only wears a size 7 and the AFO's make her need a size 8/9.

A little modeling


Strike a pose Neens!


Her hair is getting so long! I can easily put it up into pigtails now, and even these cute little low piggies! i'm so happy she has fast growing hair!


We've had quite a few meltdowns lately, but she's pretty easily calmed once she realizes she's ok. Sometimes we just have to roll our eyes when she freaks out over silly things like wanting a fork instead of a spoon, or Dad taking her to the potty instead of mom, but its all things we need to work though.

We've had a few super nice days to play in the snow! by super nice I mean in the 30's! UNHEARD of in MN in December!

Handicap schmandicap! I will do whatever my brothers do. Even crawl through 4ft of snow to do it!









She made it to the fort!


Here he was showing me how he could stand on top of the snow and itwas only to his knees!


Then he fell through. It was up to his waist! (he was leaned over trying to get out. Me being the great mom that I am took pictures instead of helping him. But hey, I didn't have boots on! LOL!)


And because he's cute. :)

7 comments:

Anne said...

I'm still reading! She's beautiful Becky!

Nicole said...

I read your blog! I know you don't know me, but I found you through RR and love reading about your life after adoption.
My husband and I are looking to adopt a few years from now and it is so nice to read about the transitions. :)

Leah said...

Ha! She is too cute! A trick to fitting shoes for AFO's (if your orthotist didn't already tell you this) The AFO provides all the support the foot needs, so you can get "cheap" shoes, then rip the soles out of them so you can get the AFO into the shoe! Then you don't have to buy them quite as big.

ErinL said...

Oksana loved the pictures of Alina's AFO's! She was very impressed. Kind of cracks me up. Most kids admire their friend's Nintendo DS, cool shirt, or latest toy.....mine admires AFO's and walkers!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog! Alina is gorgeous! Love the piggy tails!

Kayce said...

I'm always a reader!!!! Love this post and all the snow! :) Little Miss is just changing and changing every time you post! She looks so happy and so healthy! Happy New Year to you're family!

Melissa said...

I am the #1 fan of your blog! Must admit to being a little peeved it took you 20 DAYS between posts!