"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

We have so much to be thankful for. A nice house, comfy beds, plenty of food, friends, and our family. As I type this, baby girl is asleep. Little boy and dad are snuggling on the couch with a video, and big boy is hanging out watching too. I'm looking outside and the very cold blustery day, but the sun is shining and the snow is beautiful. We have nowhere to go today. We spent the day together, I made a big meal and we invited our neighbor lady over so she didn't spend the day alone. Food was good, it was fun to watch Alina eat and eat. And eat. And then enjoy her little pumpkin bite. :) And now everyone is resting, and I'm thankful.


Thankful for quiet moments between brothers. Even if electronics are involved sometimes. :)



Thankful for my husband. <3


Thankful for big boys




Thankful for silly little girls



Thankful for friends that help silly little girls learn how to play



Thankful for JoAnn fabrics flyers. Even if read upside down. :)


We also spent last Saturday night with friends and a little friendly rivalry. the pics above are from that night, when the Nebraska Cornhuskers battled the Texas Aggies in college football. Good friends, good food, and a good game. The Aggies won. Much to the delight of all my boys, and the grumblings of all the other boys. Hehe.

So much to be thankful for. I hope everyone of you is just as thankful!

3 comments:

Teacher Girl said...

Happy, happy Thanksgiving to you!

Kayla
http://bebrandnew.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

Amen! Looks like your Thanksgiving was wonderful, Becky! You're right, we're blessed beyond measure!

Danielle said...

Hey, I meant to ask you - how do you get the bar of links to "share" your blog posts at the bottom of each entry? I have it selected to show that on my blog, but I can never get it to work so I wondered if you knew how to get it to work properly!