"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Thursday, November 18, 2010

She must think we are crazy

I mean, she went from never going anywhere but around and around the baby house in a stroller, to jet setting halfway across the world, and then going somewhere almost daily! We got home just two days before Halloween, and then we went to Church, and to the grocery store, Target, the OUTLET MALL! We attended a Veteran's Day parade, visited friends, rode bike. She must be thinking we are totally crazy!

But she is taking it all in stride. I'm amazed daily that she is adjusting so well to her new life. She's even getting used to her car seat, even though I bribe her with a snack trap of Cheerio's almost every car ride. :) Whatever works, eh?

I've started shopping for Christmas. If anyone has any idea's of what a 3yr old girl would like, I will take 'em! I thought maybe a water/sensory table would be great for her. I know the boys always liked playing with dried beans, rice, etc, and I think with her not walking that a sturdy water/sensory table would be great. I also ordered a cool good quality metal kid sized shopping cart. The kids all love them.

In other news, Alina stood by herself today! In the middle of the floor, with nothing to hold onto! We start our first round of appointments on Monday, can't wait to get this girl going. She's so motivated to get going. I'm sure soon she will be running circles around me. Instead of crawling circles around me! :)


Have you ever been this tired?


Maybe this tired?


It turns out Alina likes to wander at bedtime. If we lay with her she wants to play, so we snuggle and then let her be. She gets out of bed sometimes, and then she can't climb back in, so she gets in the rocker. Doesn't she looks so comfy? i'm convinced this girl would be happy sleeping in a shoebox the way she rolls her little body into a ball while sleeping!

Her first ride in the bike trailer. She thought it was so funny, and kept pointing out my butt on the seat in front of her. Always a confidence booster to hear 'mamas butt! Mamas butt!' the entire bike ride.


First snow! It was beautiful on the trees!


3 comments:

ErinL said...

Oh my goodness the bike trailer comments cracked me up! Also, when we are doing something that we know Oksana must find unusual we joke that she must be thinking to herself "How in the world did I end up with these crazy people?!"

Janee said...

I am so glad she is doing so well! I will e-mail you some gift ideas.

Wendy said...

Beautiful pics, glad she is adjusting well!

As for 3 year olds - dress up (princesses)would be my suggestion. Maddy LOVED to dress up over and over again in dresses with accessories and even wings! Also at that age we got her a play kitchen (you prob have one) and it was a huge hit.

Enjoy shopping, I love seeing your beautiful family and the smiles on everyone faces, you just glow with happiness :)