"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Busy busy!

Okay okay! I will post! I know I always hated it when people returned home from their trips and the dropped off the face of the blogging planet! I ALWAYS wanted to see new pictures, hear updates, etc. I told myself I wouldnt' do that, but here I am, a week between posts and getting pestered to post an update and MORE PICTURES! :)

Thing are busy here, but we are all good. Alina is, in the last two days, picking up English super fast. Unless she is in trouble I only speak English to her, and unless she has an attitude or is tired, she will say things in English. Yes and no is still 'da and nyet', but thats fine. :)

She somehow picked up the nickname 'Nina'. When you ask her name, she says 'Alina' but it sounds like 'Nina', and it just stuck.

Tonight dad brought home a box of clothes from a friend he works with, and she promptly picked out a jean jacket with fluffy puffy wrists and collar, and a little swimsuit skirt. She was FANCY. :) And quite proud of her getup.

When we go shopping, she grabs random things and says 'oh cute!' and throws it in the cart. I think we shop too much. :)

The boys are doing great. Alexander had no problem adjusting. He's done the big brother thing for 5yrs and he's good at it. I'm so proud of how mature he is. Anthony, however, had a rough week. He felt his dethroning from baby status and made sure we all knew he was feeling dethroned. The last few days have been better, we are just really reassuring him, lots of snuggles and lots of play time. Thankfully Alina takes a 2hr nap in the afternoons so Anth and I can spend that time together.

Next week we start on appointments for Alina. Pediatrician and eye doctor all in one day, then we will branch out into PT, ortho, dentist, and early intervention for speech therapy, and some oral issues she has (she's a thumb sucker and her mouth is shaped because of it.)

Onto some pictures! :)

So pretty!


She can climb this one on her own! The big wooden one is too big still.


This outfit was a gift from a sweet friend. <3 Dad was very pleased!


Pre-meal tantrum. She doesn't understand that here food doesn't just appear before her like at the baby house.


What a life!


Alina's new BFF, Anara! The two cutest EE girls ever!


All three of our babies! <3 <3

4 comments:

Kristi said...

thanks for the update!! glad to hear everyone is adjusting well!

Jackie said...

She is beautiful!!

Leah said...

YAY for the update! Sounds like things are going pretty well. And today is the first Minnesota snow for her! I wonder if she got to play in the snow in Ukraine? She's a beautiful girl. 15 days and I'll board a plane to bring one more EE boy back to MN!

Kayce said...

This post just makes me smile! :) Glad all is going well.