"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Monday, October 11, 2010

No pictures, but

We have a COURT DATE! Thursday (we don't know the time yet) we will be in a courtroom asking the government and the judge to be Alina's parents. I will reveal her full name after court. :) I think everyone will be surprised at what we chose. Her first name is staying the same.

Keep praying for everything to go smoothly!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Becky! This is NOT forever.........just Alina is forever - and THAT is what counts. I truly understand having to lean on your husband - I did the same with Steve, I would have fallen apart without his clear thinking and taking care of things. And that is SO not me! God provided and that is good. Still praying for you all - you'll be home in no time at all, so keep on hanging to that thought. Your boys are fine, I'm sure - and I'm sure that nobody minds being God's hands and feet for this short time. :0) You can do this!
Liesl

Hilary Marquis said...

Yeah! Listen to Liesl :) She's got it exactly right. The countdown is on!

Steph said...

Whoohoo!! for that court date! Your hubby could be home by Saturday. The court decree should be able to be picked up on the 25th. Hopefully the facilitator can get the passport picture taken before then to speed things up.

danali said...

yea a court date! love alina's hat and the pics below in your other post. she looks so happy. praying for the rest to be speedy!!!!!

Tammy said...

WOW! I can't wait to hear her name;) any word on a time yet? 2 more days!!!!
I hope you have pics of your princess from today's visit;)
Tammy
http://dziagwaincrease.wordpress.com

The Land Family said...

So happy that you have a court date. I can't wait to hear what her name will be.

God Bless,
Amy Land
http://www.savingorphansforjesus2010.blogspot.com