"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I won't lie....

The first few days here in Alina's region were tough on me. I was so tired from being on the train, not sleeping well, and being totally disoriented. We got off the train at 5:45am and came to our apartment, we were tired, needing a shower, and feeling out of sorts. Our facilitator told us she would be back at 9am. So it was pretty much throw our stuff down, shower and get ready.

We headed out that morning to the justice dept office to meet the social worker and then we headed to the baby house, met with the director and got her med info, and then met Alina. It was a whirlwind day and by the time we got back to the apartment I was exhausted. My loving husband kept me going. He made dinner, made sure I ate, made sure I was warm enough at night and comfortable, and was encouraging. When we had a couple rough visits with Alina, again he was encouraging and loving, made sure I was eating and getting enough sleep. Without him I would have lost it.

Last night at bedtime I was feeling particularily sappy, and told him 'thanks for encouraging me the first few days, I love you' and he replied 'thanks for dragging me to a foreign country. I love you too'. LOL cheeky man. :)

I am doing much better now, but my anxiety over not having a court date hasn't lessened. That court date means we have somewhat of a timeline to coming home, and that Eugene can get home to the boys since he can come home right after court. I hate being away from the boys, and our childcare options are quickly dwindling. Our family and friends though are amazing, we wouldn't be here without them. The boys are in very loving capable hands until we can get home to them. But its hard to rely on and expect people to drop everything to help us out.

Anyway, thank you to everyone for your kind words, encouragement and prayers. They mean so much to us, and keep us going. We ask for continued prayers that our Interpol paper comes on Monday and we can have court on Tues or Weds so Eugene can get home to the boys and we can get our sweet girly home where she belongs.

And now pictures. I hope you didn't just scroll to the bottom to soak up the sweetness instead of reading my sappy post. :)

I will NOT miss this long hot boring hallway. This is where we play with Alina on days its raining or too cold. I feel like a menopausal woman in this hallway, its at least 90 degrees in there.


She sees the camera, she turns into a cheeseball.


Girl can climb! she went up and down these stairs for a good 1/2 hour today before we pulled her away because it was time to go back to her group. (dig the dress? Eugene loves it. Me? Not so much. Its not her style!)


Yes DivAlina, I will stop taking pictures now. :)

6 comments:

ErinL said...

We had a lot of rough visits with Oksana and shed many tears in that country. The orphanage vists are hard. If you ever need to talk to someone who has been there done that please don't hesistate to contact me.

Hilary Marquis said...

Labor pains x 100...this is the hardest thing you'll probably ever do. It will also be one of the best things you'll ever do. Just looking at that sweet smile...renders me speechless. The boys are fine, we are going to give them a change of pace and something new to do ;) Can't wait for tomorrow to "party" with them.

Steph said...

My first day and a half was the same way...getting to apartment after midnight after a 7 hour terrorizing drive in a car. I cried and cried and cried and cried until I finally fell asleep that night. I'm glad things got better for you and I pray your interpol comes Monday. Oh, and that LONG BORING hallway...yeah, I don't miss that either. We played in there to get out of the 110 degree heat from outside...so it was maybe 100 degrees in the hallway.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad Eugene has kept your spirits up! I love all the pictures and videos of your baby girl, and I can't wait for you guys to bring her home! Love you!

Janee said...

Praying you get that court date SOON! Thanks for all the pictures (and the heads up about the 90 degree hallway!). Maybe I'll bring some tank tops!!

Tammy said...

still waiting for an update for today!!!! AND I sure hope you are getting a court date ASAP!!
Tammy