"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

GOTCHA!

Alina is now safe and sound with me! We are back in the big city and have had our first Embassy appointment and will go tomorrow morning for the medical visit and then to pick up her Visa.

Here are some pictures from GOTCHA day!

This is a pic from our last visit the day before gotcha. :)


The nanny snatched up her clothes and took her to get dressed. :)


All ready to go, in her OWN clothes!


She was pretty excited to see everyone standing around looking at her.


Pigtails AND a headband! :)


The best facilitator EVER!





She was, and still is, in love with her 'koortka' (jacket)






The best Auntie EVER! :)

19 comments:

Amber said...

YIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Can't wait to meet you sweet girl!!

Jamie said...

Wonderful! Beautiful pictures, God Bless and keep you safe on your travels home.

Mel said...

YAAAAAAY!!!!! Have a wonderful trip home!!

Kathryn said...

I'm SOOO happy for you and for Alina! I'm sure the nannies were sad to see her go, but she looks so happy and ready to go! I can't wait to see you first family photo with the boys!

Wendy said...

Crying tears of joy for you, such huge smiles for such a happy day! Congrats, can't wait to see pics of her with her brothers!

WEn

Anonymous said...

Oh, Oh, Oh! My! Goodness! Such happiness on your faces...........love to all of you!
Liesl

Hilary Marquis said...

Praise God!!!! I just got my computer to work and now I think I may short it out with the crying I'm doing! You did it, you've got your girl :) Love the hat.

chrisyt said...

AUGH!! Best pics ever!! LOVE the HUGE smile on her face! Im so happy for you! Have a safe trip home! <3

schoolmother said...

Wonderful pictures. So glad you have her and are almost done.
Joy

Jodi said...

she is ADORABLE!

Congratulations on your new (and beautiful) daughter :)

Lu, Poppies Blooming said...

YAY!!! Oh she is beautiful! Congratulations to you!!! Now, hurry home and start helping me make buttons lol!!! (joking, take as long as you need, Monday is fine) :P

Seriously, she is the most precious little thing! I wish I could hug her!

ErinL said...

WOOOOHOOO! I'm so thrilled for you and for Alina. What joy it brings to our hearts to see her with a family. Can't wait to see her at home!

Allison said...

Yay!! So happy for you!

Foote Family said...

Becky..Tears of joy here too! I am so happy for your family! Safe travels!!

Kayce said...

YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO, SO happy for you guys! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

IASoupMama said...

Safe travels, lovely ladies! Can't wait until she's home with you and the boys -- I bet they are over the moon with excitement! Much love always...

And she looks darn adorable in her pink and brown dress, swoon...

Leah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I thought I'd send you an invite request before you went private, but you probably didn't know who the heck I was! LOL I'm another RR mom here in MN, and we're bringing Axel home in Dec. http://myianna.blogspot.com/

danali said...

the pic 3rd from the bottom. the little boy in overalls, was his name sasha. oh he is adorable smiling all the time. sasha is beautiful looks like her mom!
love the pics so much.she is SOOOOO SMILEY and HAPPY and beautiful like her mommy. HUGS

Jackie said...

I saw Hilary's post on FB and want to send BIG congratulations your way. I recall when you first learned of Alina and so happy this day has finally arrived for you and your family.

Enjoy and welcome home, Alina!