"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Court tomorrow

Tonight we still don't know what time. We appreciate your prayers for a court date in the morning so that Eugene can keep his very important plans to take the train back to Kiev Thursday night, his appointment at the Embassy at 8:30am, and get on the plane Friday afternoon to head home!

Feeling anxious tonight. We spent about an hour writing out what we need to say to the judge. I get to be the speaker.... so pray for me! Our facilitator told us to relax, don't be scared. Haha, easy for her to say!



A nanny brought this little train push toy out for Alina yesterday. 2wks ago, this little girl didn't quite know what to do with her legs. She took very hesitant steps and her legs were weak from not being used much. Today she can practically run behind her walker or this toy. She pushes her stroller outside and walks behind it instead of riding in it, and her steps are steady, strong, and deliberate! Her little feet are still very turned in, but she can now control them. I can't wait to see what therapy will do for her!


Digging for treats


Girl loves her some Cheezits!


One of my very favorite pictures ever.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree fully, Becky. Therapy is going to do wonders for her - I'm guessing that in time you may not see much of this special need at all! Especially since she has done so well while hanging out with you both! Remember that I'm not a therapist, but like you, I have seen amazing things and I think that she will improve SO much in a short time. And those nasty temper tantrums? Those will also die down in time. I still see them occassionally with Cali (and it's been 2 years) and expect to see them for much longer - they have been through SO much more than we can ever imagine. It sounds as if you are doing all of the right things - you'll be home before you know it. Love to all of you.....
Liesl

noah and michelle said...

Yeah, court...finally! Don't worry about what to say. I was the chosen speaker too. I kept forgetting what to say, but the translator made me sound like I knew what I was talking about. When all else fails...just CRY :)

Jon and Samantha said...

Thinking about your family tonight and praying everything falls into place.... can't wait to hear what her name will be !!

Tammy said...

oh my goodness are they some awesome pics! that girl is a cheeser for the camera for sure! I can't wait to see what she and her brothers do!!!!
yes, praise GOD she is doing AWESOME with that train!!! Soon you won't be able to catch that little princess!!!!

Wendy said...

Thinking of you as you have court today, such an emotional, important day. I know you'll find the words! She's doing AMAZING with her walking, just wait until she's chasing her brothers!
My little brother had rickets, walking concerns, speech etc when he came home from Russia....he's now in his second year university, playing varsity soccer!
Your little one will continue to amaze you!

Wendy

Foote Family said...

Becky..The picture of E kissing her head is priceless. I can't wait to see pictures of all three of your children together!

God Bless your family!

Melissa said...

Yay! one less orphan! Praise the Name of the Lord :) She is a beauty!

Sara said...

Dear Becky & Eugene, and the whole family!

I just about cried when I saw the video! There are no words to express how happy I am for you and your family! All my love to you!

God Bless!
Sara