"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

1 week from today

One week from today we will be running around like crazy trying to get all of the paperwork done to bust Alina out of the baby house. Two days in the big city and we can come HOME! How beautiful that sounds! I will be sad to leave EE, especially her birth city. Its a beautiful place, our daughters first home. Where I've have spent 4wks. Very important weeks, and I'm glad that as a family we chose to have me stay behind for the 10 day wait. Although its been a long haul, and I miss my boys like crazy, it will all be worth it.

But thats not saying I'm not really seeing my spoiled American side. I miss my boys, the comforts of my home, my bed, my pink cell phone, my own car, spaghetti. Yep, you read that right. An entire isle of ketchup... an entire isle of pasta... not one can, or jar, or mix, for spaghetti sauce. I could probably make it from scratch, but there are limited veggies in the store so I'd hav eto buy them out for a couple days in a row to make it. :)

Alina is doing well though. Yesterday morning when I went to get her, they told me she was not there, but up in the music room. So one nanny asked if I wanted to go up there, I agreed, so she walked me across the baby house, up the stairs and opened this door and there was a huge stage set up with a puppet and music show! All the kids were in there watching, and my girl was sitting up watching with her groupa. I sat down in the last row, right behind her, being quiet so she wouldn't be disturbed. After a few minutes, she started looking around, and her head turned just far enough to see me, and then she was up and trying to get over the chair to me. The little puppet show was cute, and funny, the kids all liked it. But Alina was excited to get out of there and into the bag of goodies. :)

My sister arrived this afternoon and will be taking the train tonight, and will be here bright and early (or dark and early...) at 5:40am. I cannot WAIT for her to get here!

Some pictures.....

Alina is a girly girl! she stole my necklace, then insisted on wearing the bag on her arm like a purse. Today I brought her pink kitty backpack and she was more than pleased!


Papa didn't like saying goodbye


Yes, those are 'I am starting to adore my papa' eyes. :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

so close!!!! I just love reading about your journey! Soon you will have to change the name of your blog!! Best wishes!

Hilary Marquis said...

Spagetti, huh? Hmmm...I see your pantry being stocked with sauce! This is going to be the best part of the trip with Lisa there :) The Three Musketeers.