"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Thursday, September 2, 2010

We have a date!

Oh my gosh, I can't even begin to describe how this feels! We have a date! A date to be in EE to officially get her referral, and go meet her! There are no words!

We have to be in EE on Wednesday, September 29th, our appt is at 10am! Pray for everything to go smoothly these next three weeks, and for travel, for our boys, for us to finally make up our minds on if I'm staying for the month or coming home!

Oh, and this travel date means we won't miss our youngest sons 5th birthday! :)

7 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Becky,

I am Hilary's friend, Katie. She has told me wonderful things about you & I have enjoyed following your blog. Congratulations on having a travel date! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

Great news, Becky! I've been watching and praying that this all would come to fruition SOON and it has! I'll continue to watch for updates............

Liesl

Steph said...

WhooHoo!!!!! Can't wait to be a part of your journey by following along and being a cheerleader. We missed our 5 year olds b-day BUT that was the same day we met Isaiah...so all was good!

Corinne said...

This is so wonderful !!! So very exited and happy for you !!!

Maria said...

AWESOME news!!! So exciting. I remember. Savor it.

Kayce said...

Awesome,awesome news!!

Melissa said...

Our appt is on the 30th, but we get into the country on the 28th. I so hope we'll be able to meet some of the other families. I am so excited, but will also be missing a son's bday (oldest), so I can sympathize on that note :)