"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow (Monday) morning at 11am we will step on the first airplane on our journey. We will fly from Mpls to Chicago, then to Germany and onto Kiev. Just so you know, thats about 3 flights too many for someone who dislikes flying. :) It will be a long day but I'm well prepared with snacks, Alina's blanket (hey, gotta keep warm too!) and Tylenol PM. Yep, need me some drugs to fly, especially on an overnight flight. We will be on the plane from Chicago to Germany for 7hrs. Oh my.

But its here... Alina has no idea how much her world is about to change, but maybe we don't either. We've been in hurry up and wait mode for so long, that actually being HERE, at THIS point, it still seems surreal.

Maybe if I'm lucky, the flights will all be a dream to me too.. hehe. We still very much appreciate your prayers!

5 comments:

kmh said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to read the updates!! Enjoy your new daughter!!!

Melissa said...

I am in tears because I am so happy for you! I know it has been a long labor of love and soon you will have a beautiful little girl to make it all worth while! I am thinking about your family more often then not and wish you all the best in the conclusion of this long journey.
-Melissa F

Allison said...

You've been on my mind all weekend. I so remember the overload of emotions at the beginning of each adoption trip: excitement, anxiety, nervousness, anticipation, etc. I cannot wait to follow your journey. Praying for safe travels. Good luck!!

Janee said...

Praying for smooth flights and connections. You will be holding your sweet girl very soon!!

Jessie said...

I'm thinking about you, and wondering where in the world you are right now...may your travels be smooth, and your meeting be blessed!
Love ya :)
~Jess