"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Its the first day... of the 3rd grade!

Wow, 3rd grade! It seems so.... grown up! I love that my boy looks forward to and enjoys school so much. I will never forget when he started Kindergarten as a brand new 5yr old. That first morning we waited for the bus (he always insisted on riding the bus!) and when it came, he crossed the road and got on without looking back, without hesitating. It made me both happy and sad. Happy because I had done my job. I had raised him to be bold, confident, and independent. He stepped on that bus without a second thought, without any reservations as to if I would be waiting right there for him at the end of the day. He was secure. I could not have been prouder of him!

And sad because there he went, my big little boy, into the next stage of his life that required that much less of me in it. :)

He steps into everything the exact same way.... bold, confident, and with independence. He's oblivious to whats cool and in, and does his thing the way he knows how; full steam ahead and making it to the finish line no matter what.

So he's off to 3rd Grade, excited to learn and grow!

The obligatory stairs pic.


Starting school with almost all of his teeth this year! :) The last two years he's been missing either all of the bottom teeth (1st) or all of the top (2nd).


Waiting for the bus (I promise I took this and went in and didn't embarass him by waiting outside for the bus to come. :) Plus I was still in my jammies. Hehe.)

3 comments:

IASoupMama said...

What a handsome fella! Hope your third grade year is awesome, Big A!

And patiently waiting... said...

What a cutie pie! Or a handsome young man!! :)

amyjgoebel said...

I'm teared up after reading your post! They grow up WAY TOO FAST!!!