"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Growing up too

Look at this sweet face!



He too is growing up fast. That sweet face... don't be fooled! That sweet face houses quite the smart sarcastic mouth! He throws out jokes, laughs at everything, and somehow learned how to sound out and read words suddenly. He loves blankets and stuffed animals but is quick to tell you how much of a big boy he is. That big boy is starting preschool next week. He was in a smaller preschool program last year, this year he will be attending a school readiness program. He will have the same teacher Alexander had, and will go two mornings a week.

That means I will have exactly 4 mornings to myself before we leave to get Alina. I'm not quite sure WHAT I will do with myself! :)

So my little boy is getting big. I'm sure he will seem so much bigger when I get home from EE with his little sister. But one thing is for sure... this cheesy grin will be waiting for us!

No comments: