"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Monday, August 16, 2010

Its coming together!

Alina's room, that is! Decorator I am NOT! Actually I really really stink at decorating. :)

The dots on the wall are those vinyl wall stickies. Alexander picked them out today at the store. They go well, and are cute.

And yes, there is only one curtain on the window.... I haven't quite figured out what curtains to put up yet. :)




Girls got a serious doll collection already. :)


My Etsy shop is still open and will be until we travel! Help clear it out! If you would like a custom order you can email me or convo me through Etsy. I can do custom hats, dolls, cats, dresses, etc. Every sale helps bring Alina home!

4 comments:

IASoupMama said...

Oh, cuteness! I love it!!

Hilary Marquis said...

It is looking great! I really like the dots. And you had really cute ideas for the curtains if I recall ;) It will be a little girl's paradise when you're finished with it.

the Gower Fam said...

Hey Becky! Thanks for the tip for Mina's doll hair :) I will have to try that out. I forgot to share your etsy site & blog link the other day on my blog and just edited it to add that on there. Hope you don't mind. If so let me know and I can take it off! Thank you so much! Can't wait till you get to go meet Alina! She is precious!

Sylvia said...

Occupying the time can be very difficult! If you are like me you have plenty you can do and nothing you want to do if it doesn't involve proceeding with the adoption somehow! The room looks wonderful!!!!!! We are also adopting from EE! Hope you will be a follower of my blog!