"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Friday, July 30, 2010

Whistle while you.... wait

Nope, not yet. Alina was supposed to be cleared for international adoption THIS week, so pray and pray some more that our dossier is submitted NEXT Thursday. If its not, I think I will once again see the frayed end of my rope.

In the mean time, preparations for the girls arrival are underway! The boys are now proud owners of a shared room and bunk beds! Proud is a relative term.... they were both super excited about the bunk beds, but neither was too keen on sharing a room. However the first night together, I could hear them chattering and laughing for a few minutes after lights out, and it was adorable to listen to, when at the end I heard 'sweet dreams Alexander' and then 'sweet dreams Anthony' :)



Top bunk belongs to Alexander


Bottom bunk belongs to Anthony



He was hollering at me to stop taking pictures because they were busy. :)


Anthony was insistent he wanted the top bunk. So we set it all up and he climbed up, looked around and said 'I think I would like to sleep on bottom bunk instead'. :) The set was a good investment (from Craigslist for about 1/4 the price of a new one!) because it has a desk on the side, so when the boys move rooms again when our basement is finished, the desk can be used for schoolwork. And something I didn't notice until my husband got it home was that the bunks match Al's current dresser and night stand exactly!

We have also started Alina's room. Its a huge work in progress, as the walls are light brown and I'm thinking they need some pink stripes or big pink polka dots. My friend Melissa has offered to help with that. :) But for now she has clothes in the closet, sheets on the bed, dolls and blankets on the bed, and some cute girly things hanging out waiting for her arrival!

Girls gonna have a serious wardrobe! She does, afterall, have the big closet!


Eventually this will have a comforter too. :)


Some cute things hanging around waiting for her (yes, the pig is totally wearing a hat. That was my piggy bank when I was little!)


I traded another adoptive mom (The Paper Hat on Etsy) for these cool shirts on Etsy! Anth threw his on right away, he was telling everyone that its 'Ukraine' on his shirt and thats where his little sister is. :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

It was nice to catch up on your blog. Have been crazy busy but saw the sweetest comment from your hubby on FB recently about playing dress up and having tea parties. HOW ADORABLE!!! I am anxiously awaiting her arrival as well!!