"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th... and ramblings

So I didn't take one single picture on the 4th of July weekend. Can you believe it?

On the 3rd we decided to go up North and see the fireworks in my home town. The boys were excited and thankfully it cooled off a bit by nightfall. It was 90+ degrees out on the 3rd, and so humid. The fireworks lasted about 20mins and they were good, we all enjoyed them. Headed back to my moms house to crash for the night. On the 4th we headed to E's sisters house for a potluck. They live on a lake and it was a good time. Great to see everyone again. Then we made the trek home. Last night was an early night... we were exhausted.

E had today off, which was a nice way to round out the weekend and relax. The best part? Today we went and bought a new mattress for our bed. I can't wait for it to come. Our current mattress is 10yrs old and about shot, and my back just can't take it anymore. E finally decided that his back hurt too and it was the mattress, so off we went to spend money we didn't have on something we needed. :)

Still no word on the submission of our dossier. But right now it looks like we won't be traveling until mid to end of August. Not soon enough, our girl needs us.

It still seems so surreal. I KNOW she's there, I can feel her, she's already a part of me, but it just doesn't seem real yet. I guess I'm holding my emotions back, keeping myself guarded. I want to hold her and brush her hair back from her face, hold her on my chest and let her feel my heartbeat into her little ear. I want to kiss her cheeks and look into her eyes and let her feel the love we all have for her. I want to study every little part of her body, her fingers and eyelashes, her toes and her gorgeous little pointy nose. Yet I still guard myself, because it doesn't seem real. It still is very dream like. Though our girl is in my dreams, we simply cannot get there fast enough.

No comments: