"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Sunday, May 2, 2010

My house needs an overhaul

Its a DISASTER! We are finishing our basement (in case you didn't know. If you didn't, feel lucky, I've been complaining about it for years now. :)) and we have been doing it ourselves. We finally got the walls up, sheetrock hung (oh yeah, I totally hung sheetrock. Ok I held the sheetrock. I'm awesome like that) so we hired out a guy to do the taping/sanding/texturing. Because we are NOT awesome like that. :)

They were here last week, they taped the sheetrock and then sprayed the texture on the walls and sprayed the ceilings. Its.done. It looks great. But now for the cleanup. Its still a total disaster. I'm ashamed of my upstairs because hey, why clean if its just going to be covered in sheetrock dust in 14 seconds. Plus everything from the basement is currently upstairs, in any available corner or floor space. And I don't do well with clutter. At all.

So tomorrow I 'get' to start cleanup. I know you can totally sense my excitement. Dusting is out of the question, I'm going to need a damp cloth to clean everything.

So hopefully we can get it cleaned up, carpet in, and everything put back where its supposed to be SOON. Did I mention I don't do well with clutter?

1 comment:

IASoupMama said...

Ooh! Good luck... I hate drywall dust, too. Blech...