"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 10, 2010

Its a girl!

After 2yrs, many prayers, many tears, lots of research and waiting.... our girl has finally found us!

Our journey began almost 2yrs ago in Kyrgyzstan. We worked very hard to get our dossier together, and as soon as we did, Kyrgyz put a moratorium on adoptions, and shut down right at our submission. After picking up the pieces, we moved to a domestic foster/adopt program in Washington State.

However the last few months, God has softened my heart and led me to waiting children. I've spent countless hours looking at the little faces of the children who wait due to special needs. Many children have captured our hearts, but due to various reasons we have had to pray for them and move on. But a month ago (on her 3rd birthday!), a certain little girl on Reeces Rainbow grabbed my heart and wouldn't let go. I prayed for her, I prayed for us to make the right choice, and as the path to her lit up, I asked for her information. I waited another week before 'introducing' her to Eugene. And still we prayed for her, for us, for the correct decision. And still we were shown where we were supposed to be.

Last week we filed commitment papers for the sweetest little princess, Alina. (because I know nobody read that previous paragraph and scrolled down to ooh and aah over the pictures!)


Alina waits because she has strabismus (crossed eye) and she also has mild CP. When she comes home, she will need eye surgery, and lots of physical therapy and likely a brace for her CP. And of course, the love of a mom and dad, and two big brothers!

Because we already have our homestudy and will be able to compile our dossier fairly quickly, and have already filed our USCIS extension and country change, we hope to travel by July for our first trip and court. After that first trip, we will return home for 3wks, then travel back to EE to bring our girl home!

The image below is for anyone who wishes to add our journey to their blog or website! Simply right click and save to your computer, resize as necessary, and link it to either here (www.waitingforthegirl.blogspot.com) or to my Etsy site (www.justplainbeckyw.etsy.com)



Because this will (hopefully) move fairly quickly, I would ask that if you know anyone who would be interested in my Etsy site to please pass it along. I will be adding new things often!

Most importantly, I would like to thank everyone who has been there for us, supported us in every choice we have made. We couldn't ask for more awesome family, friends, and all 'my girls' who have been there through thick and thin! Alina already has so many people who love her, we can't wait to get her home and show her!

16 comments:

heatherbrown said...

She is a GORGEOUS girl, congratulations! I am so excited to watch her come home!

Allison said...

Beautiful!! Seriously one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen. I bet she'll have her daddy and brothers wrapped around her little finger in no time. Congratulations!! I am SO excited for your family and can't wait to follow your journey.

Ben and Trina said...

She is beautiful Becky and I can't wait to see her home with you guys. Congrats. I look forward to hearing all about your journey with this sweet girl =)

Kayce said...

OH Becky!! Happy Day!!!!! Congratulations!! She is just beautiful!!

Heidi Wolkenhauer said...

Becky, I know that it has been a long journey, and lots of time involved in this, but when I look at her pictures it makes it seem that it was well worth the wait and tears. I'm so happy and can not wait for her to become part of the family she will fit right in with that blonde hair. Congrats and we will keep praying for you that it is speedy from here on out for you to get your little one home.

Nan and Dan said...

so beautiful! We actually almost chose her too :) But Gerri was meant to be ours.
Good Luck!!!!

Maria and Family said...

she is a doll. i love her , but taya had my heart from the first moment so i have prayed alina would find a wonderful family. so happy for you!!

ErinL said...

We also almost chose Alina but the Lord knew she was yours and Oksana was ours! Congratulations! We are over the top thrilled that she has a family! We'll be following your journey closely :).

Christina said...

Oh I am so excited for you. She is a real beauty. Keep us updated on your journey. Congrats again!!!!

Mel said...

Praise the LORD that precious little girl found a home. She really touched my heart and was included in many prayers of mine.
She reminds me a lot of one of our biological sons who also has these bright blue eyes, blond hair and strabismus.


I check RR very regularly and I was so sad to see her "still waiting" for so long.
We even prayed once whether God wanted us to get some information about her, but she wasn't meant to be for our family.

We have adopted internationally three times, two of them with SN's.

Can't wait to follow your journey to Eastern Europe to get your little girl.

God bless,
Melanie Hazelet

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to see that Alina has a family! As I was looking through the website and couldn't find her in the "waiting children" my heart sank. THEN I found her here with your family! Congratulations! She has had a special place in our family's hearts...we've been praying for her for several months and I can't wait to tell my kids that she's going to be adopted. :o)

Corinne said...

Becky,

I am so thrilled for you !! She is beautiful !! I am so happy your little girl found you Congrats !!

Bethany said...

She is so super crazy cute!!! So happy for your family.

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Just getting caught up on your blog, so happy for you guys!!! She is precious.

Maria said...

I've been so crazy busy that I'm just getting around to reading blogs and I find THIS!!! Why didn't you email me??? :-) Crazy busy too, I'm betting. I'm SO SO SO SO happy for you. She is just beautiful (and I love her name). I will be MUCH more diligent in following along. Congratulations!! So happy for you guys. She will just blossom with you all!

Monica said...

Oh my gosh! YES I see it. She is your girl! I hope it all goes smoothly for your family at this point. (((Hugs)))