"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dossier

Just one word can make adoptive parents shudder. Really, try it. If you know someone who has adopted internationally, just randomly throw the word 'dossier' into the conversation and watch them turn ghost white and shiver. :)

I got our dossier packet via email on Sunday night, and spent most of the night perusing the requirements for the dossier. Compared to Kyrgyz, its a bit shorter but a few things are more involved. All in all, today I put together almost everything that needs to be signed and notarized. Still waiting on our USCIS re-approval to come through and our new fingerprint date. I need to get our background checks ordered, and two new marriage licenses. We have our doctors appointments on Friday, and should be able to get everything notarized next week!

I'm so so so glad that we had a 'trial run' putting a dossier together, because I can't imagine the terror someone would feel getting all that information for the first time! Well actually I can. I think I walked around in a stupor for a week after getting our Kyrgyz dossier requirements. But I'm glad we are prepared, that I can pull it together and get it done without freaking out or being unsure.

Each signature and notary is one step closer to Alina. One day closer to bringing her home.

1 comment:

Kayce said...

Gotta love that d word! NOT!! So happy for you guys that you're another step closer!!