"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I feel so dumb...

...when I read the posts from last year/18mos ago, when we first began our adoption. I feel so dumb because we were so naive, so blind! I wonder what we would have done if we knew that 2yrs later we'd be where we are. Would we still have started? We surely wouldn't have been so naive. Maybe we would have taken a different path. I just don't know. Its just so hard to imagine that its been almost 2yrs since we began our home study. Hind sight is always 20/20 I suppose.

We've been trying to plan a few things for this summer, a vacation or two, camping trips, etc. We are planning on taking the boys to South Dakota after school gets out! I'm sure this summer will fly by like every other.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I totally understand this post! I keep hoping the path will get straighter. We too did not realize what we were really in for.Hoping your girl will be found soon!

IASoupMama said...

I would never in a million years call you dumb for wanting to share your heart and home with a child who needs your family. Leading with your heart is a good thing. ((( hug )))