"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thing 1 and Thing 2

I'm a mom... I like to brag about my kids. Want to get to know them a little better? Read on!

Thing 1.....

....is 7.5 yrs old. The '.5' is VERY important. He never forgets to mention it. He is in 2nd grade and loves going to school. He also attends the gifted ed program at his primary school. He has been reading since he was 4. He enjoys math, can figure very large numbers in his head. He gets fascinated by things very easily. He went from trains to buses, and now its big ships. Particularily the Titanic. The child can read fact books all day long. He's funny, caring, silly, and loving. He loves to play his Nintendo DS, and sometimes gets disgruntled when we limit his time. He doesn't forget anything, but certainly has a selective memory when it suits him. :) He loves to swim, ride his bike and scooter, and be outdoors. He loves board games, and more often than not wins. He likes things by the book, straight, neat, and in line. He's meticulous and detailed, just like his dad. He's our amazing firstborn, growing up way too fast, and we love him so much!

Thing 2....

.... is 4yrs old. He attends preschool two mornings a week. He loves trains. More than you would think is possible. If he's not dressed as a train engineer, he's wearing a train shirt, carrying a train toy, or talking about trains. Or watching a train movie. He calls himself Casey Jones when he's dressed as a train engineer. :) He's funny, sarcastic, and goofy. He loves to laugh, tell jokes, and is quite the little entertainer. He loves to race, count, paint, and use stamps. He's independent, but still likes to let someone else get him dressed. He started riding a two wheel bike at 3yrs old because he didn't like how loud the training wheels were on the tar road. :) He tells long detailed stories, can't pronounce his 'R' and its quite adorable. He has a quick temper, but it diffuses just as quick. He knows exactly what he wants when he wants it. He too loves board games. He adores his big brother, idolizes his dad, and is a mama's boy. He's our wonderful 'baby', and we can't imagine life without him!

Our boys... I can't imagine life without either of them. Big A is the spitting image of his dad, from looks to personality to perfectionism. Little A is just like me, from looks to personality to... well I'd like to say something nice like perfectionism, but in reality its sarcasm. Sometimes I shake my head when he smarts off, but he definently gets it from me. And when I watch our oldest make sure everything is in line and perfect before he can go on... I see his dad. They are perfect and imperfect and amazing. <3

3 comments:

IASoupMama said...

They ARE perfect and imperfect and amazing and I love them, too! <3 <3 <3

mrsroberts said...

I am coming here to say I love you! lol JK But really, I love what you said on the blog frog about nursing, you said exactly what I was meaning, but said it less offensively! I felt completely attacked yesterday and reading that some moms think the same way as me is a comfort when I was truly all worked up about it yesterday. When I had my twins upon leaving the hospital (where I had been nursing perfectly) the nurse said "do you want come formula just in case?" And that was all she wrote! I got home and didn't have support and just couldn't figure out the whole nursing two at once thing and was scared it they weren't done together I would be nursing without any break at all 24 hours a day. So I just quit. The htought didn't ocurr to me in my new mom of twins panic, it wasn't an all or nothing thing. By the time I realized that it was too late to relactate, what I know now is that I could have tried with help, but I didn't have that help or know where to get it. Which is part of my quest to want to become a LC. So when I see a mom buying formula, I wonder her story and if I could have helped her. I guess thats evil of me or so people think! ;)

Hilary Marquis said...

I'd love to meet them both (and you, of course!) in the near future. We will be headed your way mid March!