"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Where is my lens cap?

I like my lens caps, I have a small collection of them... some for lenses I no longer own! EVERY time I take my camera out (which is daily), I'm looking for my lens cap. I cannot tell you how many times I've put it through the wash after putting it in my back pocket at a shoot, or found it months later on the floor of my car (or stroller or purse or camera bag or with my lights or.. well you get the idea!)

I have purchased lens caps off eBay just to keep around. Its quite silly, actually. I mean, its a lens cap, a large black piece of plastic. How does it get lost so easily? Its even reflective on the front where it reads 'Nikon'. So how do they keep getting lost?

I'm starting to think when I rip the lens cap off in haste to get that shot, I put it somewhere safe so I don't lose it. Jokes on me, eh?

3 comments:

Geerts said...

you should get a lens cap keeper, it has a plastic bit the sticks to the front of the cap then a string to and elastic that goes around the lens.

go here:
http://www.amazon.com/BowerCK501-Lens-Cap-Keeper-elastic/dp/B000NHZSHK

or

here
http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product_main/bow-ck501.html

or any camera store!!!

Becky said...

I have one, but having it swing from my camera while taking pics drives me crazy!

Geerts said...

Put the cap in your bra then!! sound weird but works you never lose it and you wont forget it's there!