"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Saturday, January 2, 2010

My mom doesn't buy character shirts

Does he even know WHAT a character shirt is? Unlikely... we really don't buy them, and so he told my sister. But he wanted this Mario shirt so badly he was almost in tears in the store. For $5, I caved and let him get it. He thought he was some stuff... he wore it when we got home, that night to bed, and I'm ashamed to say he wore it the next day too. But in my defense, we did just stay at home that day. The coolness has worn off some, as he still favors his train shirts (all 12 of them) more than anything. :)


Speaking of trains.... Grandma and Grandpa and Auntie Lisa and Uncle Charron came through with the coolest train evah. Its currently riding the rails through our living room. Its a conversation piece I suppose. They are quite proud of it. We have added it to our collection of wooden train table, GeoTrax, Polar Express train, and random other trains that they have collected over the years.


We take our trains very seriously around here!


And then there are the early Christmas presents. The boys wanted cats so badly, and so a in November I took them to the Humane Society and let them each pick out a kitten. They were both beyond thrilled, and having two cats in the house has been.... interesting. They are so cute and comical, they fight and run around, its funny. We were worried about the dog at first... as Huskies are known for hating cats. But our Wendy, she's so gentle, they smelled each other up and they were all good. Big A named his cat, the little black and white tuxedo kitty, Bailey. Little A named his cat, the larger light orange kitty, Gordon.





I love having cats too, and I was getting used to the cat earmuff and scarf combo while I slept. Thankfully they have both recently found other favorite sleeping spots by our feet... which is much better than on my head. :)

And lastly, a few family photos from Christmas at my moms house. I think it has become customary to have a family photo taken by this fireplace every year.




As for me, I'm doing very well sticking to my New Years resolution to take pictures every day. I've gotten some really fun ones of the boys doing random things like watching a movie from behind the chaise lounge, playing games, and just being boys.

I'll leave you with a picture of my favorite Christmas gift. I've been wanting this my whole life. Or at least since 2004 when the series ended and they created the boxed set. Isn't it beautiful? My hubby must really love me! :)

1 comment:

Jessica Crozier said...

Your friends boxed dvd set IS the ultimate gift!! LOVE that series! Beautiful family, Becky!