"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

There is so much to be thankful for this year, and every year.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband, who is my best friend and my love. I'm thankful for my two little boys who bring so much joy and laughter and love to my life. I'm thankful my husband has a great job that affords me the 'luxury' of staying home with our kids. (luxury is in parenthesis because... well if you are a parent you understand!). I'm thankful we have a beautiful home in the country where our children can run and play. I'm thankful for our health, and even thankful for our goofy dog.. who the older she gets, the bigger baby she becomes. :)

I'm thankful here are dishes in the sink and toys on the floor and a garage that needs to be cleaned before Winter. I'm thankful for a full fridge and pantry, for the excitement of the Holidays and seeing that excitement in my children day after day. I am thankful for God, who loves me and blesses me every day.

But most of all, I'm thankful that I can look around at our things and realize just how lucky we are, because there are many that are without. I hope every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a thankful holiday season.

1 comment:

Kayce said...

You are so very blessed Becky! Happy Thanksgiving!