"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 30th!

Our agency wants to show our information on June 30th. That means that day, our home study, pictures, and intro letter will be presented to the state of Washington and various case workers who represent the children! Wow, right!

I had to get some new pictures printed, as the last 8x10 collages I made for our home study were from last October... little A had his long shaggy hair, big A didn't have his glasses yet.... everyone looks different! I kept the family pics, but updated the ones of the boys and added a few new family pics. I had to type up an intro letter, and then bind the letter and our pictures and home study into clear vinyl books, 5 total, so they could flip through our info. This is what presents us to the caseworkers and the state, so it had to look good!

Monday morning the packets will be headed off to our agency to be presented for the first time on June 30th! We are so excited!

I added my Etsy site to my sidebar. I finally got some new dresses up, and I'm working on a super cute little apron top! I am really loving making this stuff! I wish I knew our girls size.... I can't wait to make clothes for her!

2 comments:

Maria said...

How exciting!!

ChristophersHeart said...

Thinking of you tomorrow! How very exciting and nerve wracking this must be.

Wendy