"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Frustration

The program has slowed to a halt. Actually I think its moving in reverse. There are PAP's that are waiting to go back for thier 2nd trip, and have been waiting since Summer. There are lots of issues there now, lots of problems and nobody wants to do anything about them, nobody cares about them. But who suffers? The babies, the children, the ones waiting in an orphanage for a family. Its no place for a child, and every day I pray that someone over there will step up and get things going. Will realize that all these babies and children could have a home if they'd just put processes in order and SOMEONE would take the initiative to DO something. Seems they all just wait around for someone else to take care of it.

So frustration has taken over. I've tried my best to remain optimistic through this process, and even when the turmoil began, but now its just to the point where I don't understand. I don't understand how some could value those childrens lives so little. How nobody can step up and take the initiative to do something about the problem.

I continue to pray.... for the children, for the PAP's, and for everyone over there who has the power to get these children to thier families... that they will do something, they will step up, get things rolling.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

TOTALLY feeling your frustrations!I feel awful for the children and for all of us involved who so much want these children in our homes.We must continue to pray and have faith that things will move soon!It is so hard for all who are caught up in this delay but,we must keep the faith!!

Christina said...

Amen!!!!

alohaps said...

At first, I was very angry, but then I remembered that God is in control and has a plan for all of us, which is always far better than our own, and I found peace. So, now when I look at the pictures of our son, instead of feeling worried and depressed, I am grateful to be on this journey of faith with my husband. This will be our first, and last, child, so he will be extra special to us! We will continue to pray for God's blessings. Peace to all!

Little Loves' Mama said...

Hugs to you all... I know that this will all work out for you and that you will get a lovely, darling, pink girl...