"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Monday, November 10, 2008

Real.Simple.Soap


So most of my friends have already heard my ramblings on Real.Simple.Soap. but I thought I would give it a shout here too, as I know that people are looking for gift idea's.

Valarie at Real.Simple.Soap got my business a fairly simple way... she responded to a freecycle ad, and when she came, she brought me 3 bars of her soap, one was Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey, as a thank you.

Now my oldest son suffers from eczema. Not just dry skin, but broken, oozing, crusty skin boils. It comes and goes, but its always there, and after 6yrs of dealing with it, we had just started 'dealing' with it. He has a dairy protein allergy that stems from introduction to infant formula in the hospital nursery against my wishes. Thats another story.... but to this day, too much dairy and he is suffering, but his skin is constantly bad, even when we are diligint in keeping the dairy away.

ANYWAY I started using the soap on him, and within a week his skin was softer. Even he mentioned that his skin wasn't itchy. We continued through the 3 bars she had brought me, and whne they were gone, we were using our old soap again, and he immediately told me he was itchy again. I ordered a bunch of bars from Valarie, and they were here the next day!

Now, everyone here uses Real.Simple.Soap. Even my husband complains when we are out and he has to use commercial soap! I mentioned her soap to friends last year, and now they are all 'users' as well. I keep bars on had to use as gifts too!

She is a marvelous lady, and her soaps are phenomenal! You can visit her website at
http://www.realsimplesoap.com/
or her blog at
http://www.realsimplesoap.blogspot.com/