"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We need HOW MANY sets of fingerprints?

Oh and thats just for the homestudy? Good gravy... this homestudy is going to make the dossier compilation as easy as reading a Dr Suess book!

I continue to feel overwhelmed daily. Today I finally got ahold of the local police department only to get a lady who couldn't really understand that I needed the local PD to fingerprint us, and do our background check. She kept telling me that BCA could do that, I just needed to download the form online. Ok I HAVE that form, but I NEED the BPD to do it as well. Finally understood each other, I think. And I was told they could fingerprint from 7am-4pm, but the officer on duty may be out on a call so we may have to wait, but I can't call to see if he's in first, just come on in. Alrighty.

And then onto the other PD we need to run a background check on us, since you need to have one from every city you've lived in for the last 5yrs. This lady, while she fully understood what I was asking, was about as friendly as a mud pie. I'm a pretty chipper person, so when someone is rude to me, it makes me feel awful. And really, don't mess with someone who is currently NEEDING to get FBI, BCA, and DHS clearance. I really want my baby..... don't tick me off and ruin my chances. ;)

So my kitchen table is a neatly organized mess of paperwork. Each in its own pile with a sticky note stating what each needs, like to be notarized, or complete fingerprints, finish background check, etc.

After going through all that, I was reading our dossier requirements since we need many of the same documents for both the homestudy and the dossier, and a month ago the dossier seemed like such a daunting task. Now I'm thinking the dossier sounds GREAT!

Funny, anyone in the adoption world will probably laugh thier behinds off to know that I'm actually EXCITED to do the dossier.

But then I daydream... the paperwork is all taken care of, and we are patiently waiting for our baby girl. That makes it all worth it.

No comments: