"Adventures, I used to call them. I used to think that they were things the wonderful folk of the stories went out and looked for, because they wanted them, because they were exciting and life was a bit dull...But that's not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually...I expect they had a lot of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn't. And if they had, we shouldn't know, because they'd have been forgotten."

-Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Homestudy

We met our social worker on Monday night. She is very nice, really laid back, talkative, she'll fit right in. And she'll be here SUNDAY AFTERNOON!

We have most of our paperwork set. I still need to get to my doctor for a visit so he can fill out the doctors letter and have it notarized (x 2, both the homestudy and the dossier need one).

You should see my folder now. I wouldn't even call it a folder... its like a trapper keeper on crack. I'll have to take a picture of it to add to this post so you can see just how much of a geek I am. But its keeping me sane. When E asks what some form is for or where it is I can say 'let me see' and finger through my post it tabs, find where I need to be, and flip it open. :)

So the homestudy home visit is on Sunday. Do you think she'll mind the miles of GeoTrax in the living room? Or the Thomas table in the kitchen piled high with coloring books, art projects, marker boxes, and Playdoh? Nah.... but you know me, the house will be spotless, my little cherubs will be dressed in coordinating clothing, and I'll stress about something that will probably wind up to be rather enjoyable.

Left to do? File I-600A with the FBI, then get fingerprints when they send us our time. Get doctors visits and reports. Notarize our post placement compliance form, statement of home ownership, and statement of income. I think thats it, and our paperwork for the homestudy is done, and we will be about 80% done with our dossier then too! WOO HOO!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

You are doing great with the paper chase!Getting the home study done is such a nice thing to check off the list.We have had three set of fingerprints as well.It is just part of getting our kids home.

Christina said...

Great job on getting your paperwork together so fast. Your home visit will be fine so don't worry about that.